Helpful Commands for Streamers
Cutting Down on Chat Window Spam
When you type the /friend command, you will get a clickable menu as pictured above. The Notifications section refers to join/quit/switch messages which display when players join and leave the network as well as when they switch servers within the network.
- everyone = You will see join/quit/switch messages from everyone
- friends only = You will only see join/quit/switch messages from players on your friends list
- nobody = You will not see ANY join/quit/switch messages
You can also change chat channels. Chat channels are not locked or private, but are separate from the main channels (global on the member area and lobby on the public area).
- /chan1 … /chan9 = change chat channels from 1-9
- /lobby = return to the lobby chat channel (community area)
- /global = return to the global chat channel (member area)
Cutting Down on Teleport Request Spam
Also in the above image, you will notice under the Teleporting heading there are two options to toggle:
- tp with request = these players must send you a request in order to teleport
- tp without request = these players can teleport without sending a request when using the “/tp” command.
If you wish to have teleporting disabled, simply change both teleport options to nobody.
Likewise, if you wish to allow anyone to teleport to you (so you don’t have to be spammed with teleport requests) you can set with request to nobody and without request to everyone.
Cutting Down on Private Message Spam
- /pmtoggle (also /togglepm and /msgtoggle) = Turn on/off the ability to accept private/direct messages via /msg
- /ignore <player> = Ignore private and chat messages from a player. To remove a player from your ignore list, simply /ignore <player> a second time.
- /ignore ? = List anyone you are currently ignoring
- /plot deny <player> = Removes a player from your plot and does not allow them to re-enter
- /plot deny * = Denies everyone from your plot (keep in mind that this will also kick yourself off of the plot, but you will be able to re-enter)
- /plot remove <player> = Removes a player from the deny (or trust) list
- /plot remove * = Removes everyone from your deny list
Public Flat Build Worlds
If you are an academy teacher, live streamer, or you produce offline video content, we can provide you with a public flatworld accessible with a public /warp command. You will have full creative-mode access to our build plugins, but the general public can only access it in spectator mode. This will allow you to let your viewers and subs visit with you as you build! At the same time, all other players in spectator mode will keep a clean video perspective while teaching a technique or demonstrating a build.
Please contact mikedmd#0001 on Discord for more information about setting up a world for you.
Also note that as a Builder’s Refuge member, you can also use one of your private flat build worlds to stream but no one can enter your world unless you invite them with /tphere or accept a /tp request (keep this in mind if you auto-accept teleport requests in the /friend menu).