Welcome to the first annual Apex Events! This open event, made possible with our partners Cubed Creative and Minecraft Buildcon, is for all builders and features a wide range of prizes. See below for more details!
To connect to Builder’s Refuge use this server IP:
The contest begins Monday, July 31, 2017
at 0:00 (Midnight) GMT (Monday PM/Tuesday AM)
The contest ends Sunday, August 27, 2017
at 23:59 GMT (Sunday PM/Monday AM)
Screenshots are due Sunday, September 3
- The build must be made on the official contest server on Builder’s Refuge
- No importing of schematics (although schematic assets created during the contest can be used)
- Plots have a 501×501 area and you can use as much or as little of it as you wish
- This is a solo build contest
- Participants who violate our guidelines will be disqualified from the contest:
- Breaking our one rule “don’t be a dick”
- Intentionally hacking, exploiting or causing degraded server performance
- Participants must have a valid Paypal account to receive prizes
- Prizes are notated in US dollars
- Prizes will be less any fee associated with a Paypal transaction and currency exchange
(yes the good stuff)
– 1st Place –
– 2nd Place –
– 3rd Place –
– 4th Place –
– 5th Place –
* prizes are subject to
PayPal transaction fees
In addition to cash prizes, the top 5 participants of the open tournament will advance to the invitational contest for a chance to win MORE!
The invitational Apex Event will begin 2 weeks after the open contest to allow time for submissions and judging. If any of the top 5 participants do not wish to participate in the invitational or are already invited, the invitation will be passed along to the next in line.
How to Enter
You do not need to be a Builder’s Refuge member to participate in the open contest, anyone can participate! To get started, connect to mc.buildersrefuge.com (Minecraft version 1.12 preferred)
To get to the OPEN contest:
- If on our hub follow the purple portal in the center which will teleport you to our contest server. When you arrive on the contest server, enter the portal labeled OPEN CONTEST.
- From anywhere on our network, you can pull up our navigation menu by typing /menu and click the Gold Ore Block entitled “Event Area Shortcuts” and follow the instructions on the contest server
- You can also just type /contest to be teleported to the contest server.
- Please submit between 5 and 10 unmodified in-game screenshots (and no more than 2 renders) before the deadline. Screenshots in default texture pack only, please.
- You can stand in your plot and type “/plot download” and download the plot if you wish to make renders
- Create a portfolio for your build (we recommend IMGUR to make an album) with your render and in-game screenshots
- You must have a valid website account in order to access the screenshot submission form. Click here to get one if you do not have one.
- Judges will be grading builds by reviewing a build portfolio (e.g. an IMGUR album) containing screenshots and/or renders
- Judges have the option to visit the build in-game but grading will be primarily based on the portfolio
- Builds will be graded in the following categories on a 1-10 point scale:
- Theme – How well does the build embody the theme
- Aesthetic – How elegant does the build appear to be
- Scale – Is the simplicity or complexity of the build appropriate for its size
- Each category’s grade will be averaged
- Each category average will then the summed together to make one composite score out of 30 total