Welcome to the first annual Apex Events! This invitational event, made possible with our partners Cubed Creative and Minecraft Buildcon, is for invited builders including the top 5 builders from the open contest and features top prizes. See the best go head-to-head in this incredible build competition! Check below for more details!
To connect to Builder’s Refuge use this server IP:
The contest begins Monday, September 11, 2017
at 0:00 (Midnight) GMT (Monday PM/Tuesday AM)
The contest ends Sunday, September 24, 2017
at 23:59 GMT (Sunday PM/Monday AM)
Screenshots are due Sunday, October 1
- The build must be made on the official contest server on Builder’s Refuge
- No importing of schematics (although schematic assets created during the contest can be used)
- Plots have a 501×501 area and you can use as little or as much of it as you like
- You may have up to 2 plots but only one will be graded (e.g. the second plot can be used for scrap, designing assets, etc…)
- This is a solo build contest
- Participants who violate our guidelines will be disqualified from the contest:
- Breaking our one rule “don’t be a dick”
- Intentionally hacking, exploiting or causing degraded server performance
- Participants must have a valid Paypal account to receive prizes
- Prizes are notated in US dollars
- Prizes will be less any fee associated with a Paypal transaction and currency exchange
(yes the good stuff)
– 1st Place –
– 2nd Place –
– 3rd Place –
* prizes are subject to
PayPal transaction fees
How to Enter
With the help of Minecraft Buildcon, we have reached out to a number of the top builders in the Minecraft community. The invitational also includes the top 5 winners of our Apex Events Open Build Contest. Those individuals are invited to compete in this clash of the Titans for truly god-tier status.
While only invited builders can participate, anyone can spectate the event. To get started, connect to mc.buildersrefuge.com (Minecraft version 1.12 preferred)
To get to the INVITATIONAL contest:
- If on our hub follow the purple portal in the center which will teleport you to our contest server. When you arrive on the contest server, enter the portal labeled INVITATIONAL CONTEST.
- From anywhere on our network, you can pull up our navigation menu by typing /menu and click the Gold Ore Block entitled “Event Area Shortcuts” and follow the instructions on the contest server
- You can also just type /contest to be teleported to the contest server.
- Please submit between 5 and 10 unmodified in-game screenshots (and no more than 2 renders) before the deadline. Screenshots in default texture pack only, please.
- You can stand in your plot and type “/plot download” and download the plot if you wish to submit renders
- Create a portfolio for your build (we recommend IMGUR to make an album) with your render and in-game screenshots
- You must have a valid website account in order to access the screenshot submission form. Click here to get one if you do not have one.
The link for the contest submission webiste will be
activated when the contest is underway.
Please check back again soon.
- Judges will be grading builds by reviewing a build portfolio (e.g. an IMGUR album) containing screenshots and/or renders
- Judges have the option to visit the build in-game but grading will be primarily based on the portfolio
- Builds will be graded in the following categories on a 1-10 point scale:
- Atmosphere – Use and characterization of terrain. If terrain is not used (e.g. in air or space) then the overall context of the build environment will be judged.
- Structure – Visual interest of structures in the build
- Organics – Elegance of organic components of the build
- Each category’s grade will be averaged
- Each category average will then the summed together to make one composite score out of 30 total